The services offered are: individual and/or couples therapy. Other psychological services offered to both adults and teens are: consultations, motivational speaking/presentations, food coaching, life coaching, and clinical trainings regarding mental health and Deafness.
Areas of focus:
- Transitional issues, such as a divorce, ending a communal relationship, death, sexual identity, and unemployment
- Marital and communication issues
- Managing stress
- Substance abuse addiction and recovery
- Eating disorders, recovery, and food coaching
- Mindfulness Skills
- Life Coaching
- Alienation by family members due to cultural differences
- Conflicts between Deaf/Hard of Hearing and Hearing family members
- Mental Health and/or Deafness training workshops
If you would like to contact me, I offer a FREE consultation up to 15 minutes either by phone or face-to-face. You can reach me by email (via “Contact” page), or call 703-731-4581
A clinical hour for individual therapy is usually 50 minutes. Usually the first session is 80 minutes.
The goal is for you to feel safe and assured that your sessions are privacy protected and confidential. How often you come will be determined by the severity of your needs and what we agree to.
If you have questions regarding the policies for payment, cancellations, and/or or missed appointments, please ask Dr. Smith, or read The Consent to Therapy located on the forms page.